Product safety recall - Mayo Hardware - Grillman Gas Safety Shut Off Valve and Grillman Gas Safety Shut Off Valve with Hose and Regulator
Read important information on this national product recall
Product safety recall - Suburban Recreational Vehicle water heaters on LP gas
Read important information on appliances, models and serial numbers affected by the recall
Important recall - Takata airbag
Read this important information and check if your motor vehicle is part of the mandatory recall to replace faulty Takata airbags.
Bans can be placed on products and product-related services if there is a risk that they may cause serious injury, illness or death.
If a product is subject to a ban, it must not be sold. A ban on a product-related service makes it unlawful for anyone, in trade or commerce, to supply or offer to supply that service.
For information on products banned Australia-wide, visit Product Safety Australia (external link)
Products can be recalled from the marketplace if they are found to be unsafe, or they are found to be non-compliant with a mandatory standard or ban.
All Australian governments can issue public warning notices. A public warning notice can:
- tell consumers that the safety of a product is being investigated
- warn about the risks of a product.
You should recall goods you have supplied if you realise they:
- are banned
- do not comply with a safety standard
- may cause an injury (including through misuse).
Make sure your customers are not in danger by giving:
- a clear description of the product to be recalled, including model numbers
- details of the problem
- dates when the product was supplied
- how many products were supplied
- where the product was supplied
- what consumers should do with the product
- your contact and return details.
If you sell a recalled product:
- you could have negative publicity
- you can lose money from stock you can’t sell
- customers can sue you if they are injured
- we can fine you.
- Product Safety Recalls Australia (external link)
- ACCC publication: Consumer product safety - a guide for businesses and legal practitioners (external link)
The guide has been designed to help suppliers of consumer goods:
- understand Australia's national product safety laws
- ensure they only sell products that comply with those laws