I have a large business. Can I have more than one nominated manager?
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (new application only)
- Have a photo taken for your licence card at any Service Tasmania shop (external link) (Tasmanian applicants only)
- Interstate and overseas applicants will need to provide a passport size photo certified by a Commissioner for Declarations or a Justice of the Peace (JP).
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of the Certificate of Currency for insurance. This must be in the trading name (sole trader, business or company) and must cover personal injury and damage to property for at least $5 million dollars for any one occurrence in respect of Public Liability and in the annual aggregate in respect of Products Liability (new applications and renewals)
- Scan and save (computer or digital storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your company or business name registration (if using a name other than your own personal name) (new applications only)
- Provide the details of your Nominated Manager who must be a licensed practitioner and scan and upload their Statement of Attainment / Results for course UEENEEG175 - Develop compliance policies and plans to conduct an electrical contracting business (new application only)
- Have a credit card ready to pay the licence fee online or at Service Tasmania shop.
- Been convicted of an offence of dishonesty or of an offence relating to prescribed work? (If an Infringement Notice relating to prescribed work has been issued to the company/business or to the owner(s) or Director(s), you should tick yes)
- Settled a civil action or had a civil judgment given against them in their capacity as a contractor?
- Had a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work refused, disqualified, cancelled or suspended?
- Had conditions placed on a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work?
- Been declared bankrupt, been discharged from bankruptcy, entered into arrangements with creditors or assigned their property to pay debts?
- Been subject to a winding up order or had a controller appointed or been placed in receivership, administration or under official management or entered into other arrangements with creditors due to insolvency?
- Is the company/business insolvent or in receivership?
- Interstate and New Zealand applicants (mutual recognition)
- Overseas trained applicants
- Electrical licence
- Electrical restricted licence
- Electrical provisional licence
- Testing and tagging
- Nominated manager
- Guide to licensing services online (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Fact Sheet - Information for electrical contractors and nominated managers
(PDF, 188.5 KB)
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.