Read the following information before logging in or registering:
If your agency had active bonds before 1 May 2019, your agency will already be registered in MyBond.
Log in using your email address, or contact the Rental Services team on 1300 654 499 if you need help. (You must have your Agent ID before calling).
What you can do in MyBond
- Lodge a bond online
- Make a bond claim, or approve or dispute a bond claim
- Check the status of a bond
- Update your agency, staff and personal details
- Transfer tenants
- Transfer management of a rental property to another agent or owner
- Make bulk payments
- Extract data
Log in or register to use MyBond
if you are a property agent
New Agent? Register to use MyBond
Already registered? Log in to MyBond
Do you need help?
Contact our rental team by emailing email@example.com or call 1300 654 499
You must have your Agent ID before calling.
- How to log in (YouTube)
- How to lodge a bond (YouTube)
- How to claim a bond and dispute a bond claim (YouTube)
- Updating Agency details and adding staff members to MyBond (YouTube)
- Searching for a bond (YouTube)
- Bond Management Transfers (YouTube)
- Bulk Payments (YouTube)
Quick help guides
- How to register for MyBond (PDF, 185.8 KB)
- How to lodge a bond (PDF, 178.0 KB)
- How to claim a bond (PDF, 176.5 KB)
- Updating business details and managing staff (PDF, 178.8 KB)
- How to approve/dispute a bond claim (PDF, 145.5 KB)
- How to make bulk payments (PDF, 165.7 KB)
- How to transfer tenants - swap (PDF, 592.2 KB)
- How to transfer tenant - variation (PDF, 606.4 KB)
- How to transfer the management of a bond to another agent or owner (PDF, 143.7 KB)
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.