Ladder related injuries, particularly among men aged 65 years and older, are steadily increasing in Australia.
The following are some simple ladder safety tips to reduce the risk of injury:
- choose the right ladder for the job
- don’t work in wet or windy conditions
- take time to set up your ladder
- work safely up the ladder
- have another person hold the ladder
- know your limits and work to your ability
The Product Safety Australia national education campaign Ladder safety matters has further safety tips and videos to watch.