To be eligible for an architect's occupational licence in Tasmania, you must be registered with the Board of Architects Tasmania
All building service providers must act only within the area of their competence, as detailed in the Scheme for the Accreditation of Building Practitioners 2008 (pdf, 483.2 KB).
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (Tasmanians and people living interstate / New Zealand) (new application only)
- Applicants may be asked to attend an interview at the nearest Consumer, Building and Occupational Services office if requested to do so as part of the application process. Failure to attend as requested may be considered as non-compliance with the application process and may cause an application to be refused
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your certificate of currency for professional indemnity insurance for ($1 million minimum) (new application only)
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Bachelor of Architect Tasmania registration (new application only)
- You will need to confirm that you have undertaken Continuing Professional Development (CPD) (renewal only)
- Have a credit card ready to pay for your licence fee online or at any Service Tasmania shop.
You will be required to answer the following questions in your online application. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, you will need to provide details and copies of all relevant documentation.
- Have you in the last 10 years been convicted of a criminal offence (other than a minor traffic offence) or are any court proceedings pending?
- Have you ever been disqualified from holding a licence or registration as a building services provider or have you had any occupational licence or certificate cancelled or suspended (including interstate licences, certificates or registrations)?
- In respect of any work you have done in an equivalent position, have you ever been fined, reprimanded or cautioned for any breach of rules, professional conduct or code of ethics?
- Have you been declared bankrupt or entered into an arrangement with creditors in the last 10 years?
- Have you, in the past 10 years, been a director, secretary or a person in a position to control or substantially influence a company's conduct or affairs within 12 months of that company being placed in receivership, administration, official administration, under a deed of company arrangement, in liquidation or wound up for the benefit of creditors?
Apply for your licence
Step 1. Save documents to a computer or a storage device like a USB (see checklist)
Step 2. Select Apply Now (below)