To gain an auto gas-fitting practitioner restricted licence the applicant must hold any of the entry level qualifications set out in the Occupational Licensing (approved courses for training) Determination 2017 (PDF, 498.2 KB), or be issued with an Offshore Technical Skills Record assessment issued under the Trades Recognition Service (external link) and:
- had a Registered Training Organisation’s TasTAFE (external link) assessment of gap training needs; and
- has enrolled with a Registered Training Organisation TasTAFE (external link) to complete the gap training that has been identified
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (new application only)
- Have a photo taken for your licence card at any Service Tasmania shop (external link) (Tasmanian applicants only)
- Interstate and overseas applicants will need to provide a passport size photo certified by a Commissioner for Declarations or a Justice of the Peace (JP).
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Certificate III and/or IV Qualification (new application only)
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Statement of Results (new application only)
- Have a credit card ready to pay for your licence fee online or at Service Tasmania shop (external link).
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, you will need to provide details and copies of all relevant documentation.
In the last 10 years have you:
- Been refused a licence / registration / certificate to carry out any type of prescribed work?
- Had a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work disqualified, cancelled, suspended?
- Had conditions placed on a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work?
- Been dismissed by an employer for any type of unsafe or defective prescribed work?
- Been convicted of an offence of dishonesty or of an offence relating to prescribed work? (If you have been issued with an Infringement Notice relating to prescribed work, you should tick yes).
Do you have any disability that will affect your ability to perform prescribed work safely?