MyBond for property owners

From 1 May 2019 tenants, property owners and property agents will have access to the new online bond management system called MyBond.

Go to Renting now for information on what to do now (before 1 May) regarding new and existing leases, bonds and other rental information.

What does this mean for you?

From 1 May, you will be able to:

  • Lodge a bond online - the RDA will no longer accept paper bond lodgement forms
  • Advise your tenants that they can now pay their bond online (Note: cheques are no longer accepted by the Rental Deposit Authority)
  • Claim a bond online
  • Dispute a bond claim online, including the ability to upload evidence directly to the system
  • Approve a bond claim online
  • View all of your bonds by status, e.g. active, in dispute, awaiting payment
  • Transfer the management of a bond to another agency or owner
  • Transfer a tenant out of a property and transfer a new tenant in, without the need to lodge an entirely new bond
  • Update your contact details

What do you need to do?

If you have active bonds, prior to 1 May 2019, you will be pre-registered in MyBond.

To login from 1 May 2019

  • Login to MyBond using your email address at and follow the links
  • If you can't login or do not know your email address, please contact us on 1300 654 499.

Training tools and resources

To assist you with using the new system, video modules and quick help guides will be available on the CBOS website from 1 May.

You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - property owners (PDF, 151.3 KB)

Do you need more help?

Updated: 07 Jan 2020