Provisional licences can not be renewed
To gain a provisional plumbing practitioner licence the applicant must be issued with an Offshore Technical Skills Record assessment issued under the Trades Recognition Service and:
- Had a Registered Training Organisation’s (TasTAFE external link) assessment of gap training needs; and
- Be enrolled with a Registered Training Organisation (TasTAFE external link) to complete the gap training that has been identified
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (new application only)
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Offshore Technical Skills Record Assessment
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of enrolment with a Registered Training Organisation (TasTAFE) to complete gap training
- Have a credit card ready to pay for your licence fee online or at any Service Tasmania shop (external link)
If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation within 21 days.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, you will need to provide details and copies of all relevant documentation.
In the last 10 years have you:
- Been refused a licence / registration / certificate to carry out any type of prescribed work?
- Had a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work disqualified, cancelled, suspended?
- Had conditions placed on a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work?
- Been dismissed by an employer for any type of unsafe or defective prescribed work?
- Had disciplinary action taken against you by an employer for any type unsafe prescribed work?
- Been convicted of an offence of dishonesty or of an offence relating to prescribed work? (If you have been issued with an Infringement Notice relating to prescribed work, you should tick yes).
- Do you have any disability that will affect your ability to perform prescribed work safely?
Apply for your licence
Step 1. Save documents to a computer or a storage device like a USB (see checklist)
Step 2. Select Start Now (below)
Step 3. Pay the licence fee online or at any Service Tasmania shop (external link)
Step 4. Have a photo taken for your licence card at any Service Tasmania shop (external link) and prove your identity