A nominated person is the Director of the body corporate who holds a building services provider licence.
The building services provider must be a Director.
- An entity licence cannot be approved without a licensed Building Services Provider
- A Building Services Provider must hold a current Tasmanian Building Services Provider licence for the relevant occupation
- A Building Services Provider must be appointed for each building occupation
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (new application only)
- Scan and save (computer or digital storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your company or business name registration (if using a name other than your own personal name) (new applications only)
- Scan and save (computer or digital storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your certificate of currency insurance that must be in the trading name (body corporate).
- Have a credit card ready to pay for your licence fee online or at any Service Tasmania shop (external link)
If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation within 21 days.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, you will need to provide details and copies of all relevant documentation.
Have you in the last 10 years has the company/business or the owner(s) or Director(s) of the company/business:
- Been convicted of an offence of dishonesty or of an offence relating to prescribed work? (If an Infringement Notice relating to prescribed work has been issued to the company/business or to the owner(s) or Director(s), you should tick yes)
- Settled a civil action or had a civil judgment given against them in their capacity as a contractor?
- Had a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work refused, disqualified, cancelled or suspended?
- Had conditions placed on a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work?
- Been declared bankrupt, been discharged from bankruptcy, entered into arrangements with creditors or assigned their property to pay debts?
- been subject to a winding up order or had a controller appointed or been placed in receivership, administration or under official management or entered into other arrangements with creditors due to insolvency?
- Is the company/business insolvent or in receivership?
Apply for your licence
Step 1. Save documents to a computer or a storage device like a USB (see checklist)
Step 2. Select Apply Now (below)