The National Personal Insolvency Index (NPII) is a publicly available and permanent electronic record of all personal insolvency proceedings in Australia.
It does not include any information on company liquidations or administrations.
Information recorded on the NPII
- Name, date of birth (if known), residential address and occupation as disclosed on documents accepted by the Official Receiver
- Previous names and aliases (if known)
- Type of proceeding; date it started; administration number
- Name and contact details of the trustee or administrator of the proceeding
- Current status of the person and/or the proceeding. For example whether a person is discharged from bankruptcy or whether a creditor’s petition for a person’s bankruptcy is in progress.
Request a bankruptcy report
- Australian Financial Security Authority [AFSA] (external link)
Ph: 1300 364 785
- Australian Business Research [ABR] (external link)
Ph: 1300 366 402
- CITEC Confirm (external link)
Ph: 1800 773 773
- Security and Investigations Agents Act 2002
- Security and Investigations Agents Regulations 2015
- Bankruptcy Act 1996 (external link) (from August 1928)
- Guide to licensing services for Security Agents June 2018 (pdf, 5.6 MB)
- Apply for an employee agent licence
- Apply for an agent individual licence
- Apply for an agent body corporate licence
- Mutual recognition for security and investigation agents licence