The National Personal Insolvency Index (NPII) is a publicly available and permanent electronic record of all personal insolvency proceedings in Australia.
It does not include any information on company liquidations or administrations.
Information recorded on the NPII
- Name, date of birth (if known), residential address and occupation as disclosed on documents accepted by the Official Receiver
- Previous names and aliases (if known)
- Type of proceeding; date it started; administration number
- Name and contact details of the trustee or administrator of the proceeding
- Current status of the person and/or the proceeding. For example whether a person is discharged from bankruptcy or whether a creditor’s petition for a person’s bankruptcy is in progress.
Request a bankruptcy report
- Australian Financial Security Authority [AFSA] (external link)
Ph: 1300 364 785
- Australian Business Research [ABR] (external link)
Ph: 1300 366 402
- CITEC Confirm (external link)
Ph: 1800 773 773
- Security and Investigations Agents Act 2002
- Security and Investigations Agents Regulations 2015
- Bankruptcy Act 1996 (external link) (from August 1928)
- Guide to licensing services for Security Agents June 2018 (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Apply for an employee agent licence
- Apply for an agent individual licence
- Apply for an agent body corporate licence
- Mutual recognition for security and investigation agents licence
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.