Read this important information before applying for an NDIS endorsement
Before applying for NDIS worker screening, you first must apply for a registration to work with children with an NDIS endorsement. To get this endorsement, your NDIS employer (this includes an NDIS participant) must verify your work. Your application will NOT proceed without this verification. You will need to provide your employer details so have this information ready before starting your application. Further instructions are provided when you apply.PLEASE NOTE: you cannot apply for an NDIS endorsement if you do not have an NDIS employer
Before you start your application
You will need to have the following information ready:
- your previous names and/or alias
- an email address and/or mobile number
- the address of every place you have lived over the last five years (including dates you lived at the addresses)
- evidence to prove your identity
- details for each organisation you will be working or volunteering for including the name, address, contact person, phone number and email address
- if you have lived outside of Australia for 1 year or more, you will need to provide dates
- details of any overseas offence history
- details of any family violence orders, restraint orders, apprehended violence orders (taken out against you)
- details of any child protection orders you have been involved in.
How to apply
Complete the online application form
- if you get paid for your role, select Employment/Volunteer
- if you are a volunteer and do not get paid, receive material benefit or reward, select Volunteer
- print the application receipt or write down you reference number
- pay the application fee (online by credit card) or at any Service Tasmania shop (external link) to:
- have your photo taken
- pay the application fee if you haven't already paid online
- accept the Terms and Conditions if someone has filled out the form on your behalf.
To apply from interstate or overseas, see interstate and overseas applicants.
Your application will not begin processing until you have completed the steps above.
Please note that the application fee is non refundable.
If you have an existing registration please log in to your My Registration to renew, upgrade or check the status of your application. Do not start a new application.
After you lodge your application
Make sure you follow the steps above. Your application won’t be processed until you have completed all steps.
If you fill out the form and do not complete all of the steps listed above, your application will expire after 21 days.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.