For more information regarding product recalls relating to electrical equipment go to Product Safety Australia (external link).
BMW Australia Ltd — MINI HV Wallbox Gen II with charging socket - Electric Vehicle Charger
MINI HV Wallbox Gen II with charging socket.
Wall charger for electric vehicle.
Affected unit has a charging socket and removable charging cable.
Part number 61 90 2 472 423 printed on the side label.
What are the defects?
The product does not comply with the Australian electrical safety standard.
The charging socket version fails to meet the certification and labelling requirements and the product is not certified for use in Australia.
What are the hazards?
Risk of electric shock or fire causing serious injury or death.
What should consumers do?
Please contact BMW Australia Ltd and affected consumers will be provided with a replacement unit that complies with the applicable safety standard. BMW will organise a licensed electrician to remove the non-complying unit and install the replacement Wallbox at no charge.
For further information, please contact the BMW Group Interaction Centre on 133 269 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm AEST) email email@example.com or visit www.bmw.com.au
Energy storage systems home batteries - LG Energy Solution Australia
LG Energy Solution Australia (LG ES) has recalled certain LG batteries that were supplied as part of Energy Storage Systems (ESS).
- All together approximately 7438 units are affected and these units have been sold across Australia and New Zealand.
- LG ES is aware of at least 9 incidents in Australia.
- Affected models include:
- RESU7H Type-R
- S/A Gen2 1P (EM048063P3S4)
- S/A Gen2 2P (EM048126P3S7)
- The affected ESS Home Batteries are equipped with cells from all production lots manufactured between April 2017 and September 2018.
- Affected units can be identified using their serial numbers. Visit https://www.lgessbattery.com/au Click on "Battery Recall: Free Replacement Campaign" to check the battery's serial number.
- Additional recall information is available on the Product Safety Australia website.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.