- The average processing time for an application is six weeks from the date the application is accepted.
- The application will not be accepted and there will be a delay if:
- incorrect information or documents are in your application OR
- we are waiting for you to complete actions like getting an ID photo or fingerprints taken OR
- further investigation is needed.
- An incomplete application form or one that requires further investigation will take longer and the delay will depend on what information is needed.
You are unable to work or operate within the security industry without a current licence identification card
Training and qualifications
Find a licensed security agent
- Guide to licensing services for Security Agents June 2018 (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Security and Investigations Agents Act 2002 (external link)
- Securing and Investigations Agents Regulations 2015 (external link)
- Apply for a security agent - individual licence
- Apply for a security agent - employee licence
- Apply for a security agent - body corporate licence
- Applying through mutual recognition for security and investigation agents licence