Authorised officers from Consumer, Building and Occupational Services are allowed to conduct random checks to ensure you are complying with the law.
An authorised officer can:
- request you produce your licence;
- request you give your name, address and date of birth;
- enter at any reasonable time at any place where they believe:
- an unlicensed activity is being or has been undertaken;
- a Crowd Control Register is being kept;
- require any person to provide any relevant information, including financial and other confidential information;
- gain access to, and take copies of, any relevant documents and registers.
You must comply with the requests of an authorised officer or risk being fined.