What is an Incorporated Association?
Incorporated associations are:
- not-for-profit organisations
- suitable for community based groups
- an inexpensive way to give associations a legal identity which continues despite any membership changes
- registered by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS) under the Associations Incorporation Act 1964
An incorporated association has the word incorporated or the abbreviation Inc in its name.
Advantages of Incorporation
An incorporated association:
- can operate regardless of changes to its membership
- can accept gifts and donations
- can enter into contracts
- can apply for government grants
- have the automatic approval to solicit for charitable donations in the state of Tasmania