From 1 May 2019 tenants, property owners and property agents will have access to the new online bond management system called MyBond.
Go to Renting now for information on what to do now (before 1 May) regarding new and existing leases, bonds and other rental information.
What does this mean for you?
From 1 May, you will be able to:
- Pay your bond online or at a Service Tasmania shop (Note: cheques are no longer accepted by the Rental Deposit Authority)
- Claim a bond online
- Dispute a bond claim online
- Approve a claim against your bond contribution
- Update your contact details
What do you need to do?
If you are a new tenant, you will need to register an account with MyBond.
To register from 1 May 2019
- Go to www.cbos.tas.gov.au
- Follow the links which will take you to the MyBond login page
- Select Tenant and follow the prompts
- You will need to have your mobile and/or email handy so we can send you a verification code
If you do not have an email address or mobile number, please phone Rental Services on 1300 654 499 for assistance with your MyBond account.
Note: your property agent can assist you with creating an account as part of the bond lodgement process.
Training tools and resources
To assist you with using the new system, video modules and quick help guides will be available on the CBOS website from 1 May.
You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - new tenants (PDF, 147.7 KB)
We can help you
- Call Rental Services on 1300 654 499
- Visit your nearest Service Tasmania shop