- Auto gas-fitter practitioner licence
- Auto gas-fitter contractor licence
- Auto gas-fitter provisional restricted
- Auto gas-fitter restricted
Renewing an Expired Practitioner licence
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
As a licence holder, you are required to maintain and develop skills and knowledge through ongoing learning activities known as Continuing Professional Development or CPD. Find out more information about CPD points, training providers, CPD events calendar and training resources.
IMPORTANT: If your response to the licence question relating to CPD is 'No' due to COVID-19, please advise this in the Additional Information section of the online form. CBOS will contact you for more details. Example text: CPD not completed due to COVID-19 .
- Read the information on this licence page so you know what to do and what documents to provide
- Read the Personal Information Protection Statement
- Provide evidence of your identity (new applications only)
- Have a photo taken for your licence card at any Service Tasmania shop (external link) (Tasmanian applicants only)
- Interstate and overseas applicants will need to provide a passport size photo certified by a Commissioner for Declarations or a Justice of the Peace (JP).
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Certificate III and/or IV Qualification (apply only)
- Scan and save (computer or storage device like a USB) a digital copy of your Statement of Results (new application only)
- You will need to confirm that you have undertaken Continuing Professional Development (CPD) (new application only)
IMPORTANT: If your response to the licence question relating to CPD is 'No' due to COVID-19, please advise this in the Additional Information section of the online form. CBOS will contact you for more details. Example text: CPD not completed due to COVID-19.
- Have a credit card ready to pay for your licence fee online or at any Service Tasmania shop.
- Been refused a licence / registration / certificate to carry out any type of prescribed work?
- Had a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work disqualified, cancelled, suspended?
- Had conditions placed on a licence / registration / certificate relating to prescribed work?
- Been dismissed by an employer for any type of unsafe or defective prescribed work?
- Had disciplinary action taken against you by an employer for any type unsafe prescribed work?
- Been convicted of an offence of dishonesty or of an offence relating to prescribed work? (If you have been issued with an Infringement Notice relating to prescribed work, you should tick yes).
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.