Continuing Professional Development or CPD is the process of tracking and documenting your skills, knowledge and experience gained during your working life beyond your initial training. It is a record of what you have learnt and then apply.
Through ongoing learning it will show that you
- continue to expand your knowledge and skills
- meet professional standards
- meet public expectations
- meet regulatory requirements
When completing CPD it is important to keep a record or log of the training completed each year.
Consumer, Building and Occupation Services (CBOS) is the business unit that is responsible for the licencing of building service providers, electrical workers, plumbers, gas-fitters and automotive gas-fitters. As part of the renewal process all licence holders must confirm their compliance with CPD.
Where to next
- CPD for licence holders and contractors - directs you to all the information you need to know as a licence holder in planning and maintaining your CPD requirements
- CPD for training providers - directs you to all the information when applying for CPD points and its process
- CPD events calendar - shows the range of training events available by either industry and date. It also includes additional training resources with links to other approved training providers
- CPD - ongoing training - shows a list of CPD activities that are available on an ongoing basis
- CPD - additional training resources - provides additional lists of approved CPD training providers and their links