The Director’s Determination – Categories of Plumbing Work is the primary document which specifies:
- The types of plumbing work that are categorised as either Low Risk, Notifiable or Permit Work;
- The persons who may perform those types of work; and
- The Low Risk Plumbing Work that is determined by the Director of Building Control to require notification to the Permit Authority on completion of the work.
A review of the Determination was commenced with a focus to make the document more functional.
Following stakeholder consultation, the updated determination is to commence and supersede the current version, on 18 August 2022.
The key changes include:
- Consolidating Categories 2A and 2B;
- Relocation of a number of inconsequential works to lower risk categories, or removal of requirement to notify, where appropriate; and
- Consolidation of duplicate categories.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.