Issued by Andrew Goldsworthy, Acting Executive Director, Consumer, Building and Occupational Services - 25 August 2018
The Director is 'the regulator' within the meaning of section 8 of the Australian Consumer Law (Tasmania) Act 2010 and section 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
The Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading:
- Has reasonable grounds to suspect that the conduct of Andrew John Paul who in trade and commerce, as AAA Roofing may constitute a contravention of the Australian Consumer Law
- Is satisfied that one or more other persons has suffered, or is likely to suffer, detriment as a result of this conduct, and
- Is satisfied that it is in the public interest to issue this warning notice. This Public Warning Notice has been issued following high levels of complaints received by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services including:
- failure to provide refunds
- accepting payment without intending to supply
Consumers have attempted to resolve their complaints with no response from Andrew John Paul trading as AAA Roofing. Andrew John Paul is unlicensed to undertake roof plumbing work. To protect consumers, the Director of Consumer Affairs is of the view that a public warning statement should be issued, under section 223 of the Australian Consumer Law (Tasmania).
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.