It is a requirement of the Occupational Licensing (Gas-Fitting Work) Licence Classes Gas Installations Determination 2016 that the holder of a Gas-fitter, Certifier, Caravan and/or Boat Endorsement completes a refresher course, acceptable to the Administrator, every 3 years to be eligible for renewal of that endorsement.
TasTAFE has developed a course approved by the Administrator to meet the requirements of the Determination. The refresher course has been allocated 2 CPD points for each endorsement.
Read the course details below and contact TasTAFE by phone on (03) 6165 6482, or by email: PlumbingCert4@tastafe.tas.edu.au to arrange to sit the assessment.
Previous participants have applied for funding assistance through Keystone (TBCITB). To access funding, you must first contact Keystone on (03) 6223 7804 or https://keystone.com.au/contact/ (external link) before submitting an application.
If you have not completed this course prior to your licence renewal, that endorsement will be suspended until evidence of the completed course is provided to Occupational Licencing through your My Licence account.
Please contact Consumer Building and Occupational Services on 1300 654 499 or email@example.com if you require further information.
Format: Online Refresher Course. Self-paced progression.
Duration: In your own time with 90 days to complete
Location: At home or you may choose to use a TasTAFE campus
Cost: $99.00 - payable to TasTAFE upfront prior to commencing the course
Enroll (for caravans): https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/courses/course/nonc0173a-v01
Enroll (for boats): https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/courses/course/nonc0209a-v01
- You will need a copy of the Australian Standard AS/NZ 5601.2:2020 LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes.
- You will need to provide the above letter to TasTAFE indicating that you need to undertake the assessment.
- TasTAFE will provide you with login details and instructions to access the online course once you have enrolled.
- You will then work through a series of learning tasks and quizzes based on the AS/NZS 5601.2:2020. You must successfully answer each quiz to progress to the next section.
- When you complete all sections, you will be invited to click on a SUBMIT button. This will alert TasTAFE that you have completed the course and a hardcopy Statement of Attendance will be issued.
- The Statement of Attendance and your receipt of course payment will be deemed as sufficient proof that you have completed the course and refreshed your knowledge of Caravan and/or Boat LPG installations. Upload these documents in your My Licence renewal.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.