Below are useful links to information for solar installation contractors.
- Solar maintenance promotional materials
Posters/flyers and social media tiles for businesses to use to encourage the uptake of solar maintenance
- Guide on Solar Panel Installations (photovoltaic) (PDF, 367.3 KB)
Guidance information for contractors on the requirements that apply to solar installations, including building approval.
- Checklist - Recommended Maintenance for Solar Energy Systems (PDF, 169.2 KB)
Checklist for solar contractors to complete when inspecting and maintaining solar energy systems for property owners.
- Advisory Note 5 - Reporting unsafe electrical installations (PDF, 241.5 KB)
When electricians find an electrical installation that is unsafe they are required to report it. This document explains the process.
- Advisory Note 4 - Requirements for dc connectors in solar installations (PDF, 961.6 KB)
Information on the requirements for direct current (DC) connectors in solar energy systems.
- Advisory Note - DC Isolators Changes to Installation Requirements (PDF, 528.6 KB)
Information on changes to installation requirements for direct current (DC) isolators for solar energy systems.
- ERAC Battery Energy Storage System - Installation requirements (PDF, 307.3 KB)
Information on the restrictions which apply to locations and proximity of equipment to Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
- Summary of Requirements - Solar Energy Systems Inverters and Isolation (PDF, 166.1 KB)
Summary of requirements for the isolation of power conversion equipment (inverters) from various Australian Standards.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.