Changes to AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical Installations - Wiring Rules
The 2018 edition of AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical Installations - (known as the Wiring Rules) is now available. You can buy a copy from SAI Global.
AS/NZS 3000 specifies the electrical installation safety requirements for all premises in Australia and New Zealand. The new edition:
- is a complete revision of the 2007 edition
- includes over 200 changes
- expands coverage on electrical installations
- improves safeguards
- brings industry requirements in line with best practice.
Standards Australia has developed the new standard in collaboration with industry and government.
- Electrical work commenced prior to the publication date of the new edition of the standard where the project will continue beyond the commencement date
- Electrical work quoted prior to the publication date of the new edition of the standard that has been awarded a contract and the project may continue beyond the commencement date.
- Notice of Commencement AS/NZS 3000:2018 Electrical Installations - Wiring Rules (pdf, 290.8 KB)
- Standards Australia - Statement - 2018 Wiring Rules are now available for licensed electrical practitioners (external link)