CBOS can provide advice on the following topics:
- Consumers - buying products and services
- Occupational licensing and registrations
- Registering to Work with Vulnerable People
- Clubs, associations and fundraising
- Trade standards (building, electrical, plumbing, gas)
If you have read information on our website and are still unable to resolve your problem, you can contact us.
Problems with products or services
If you have a query relating to a dispute about a faulty product or unsatisfactory service, you need to go back and speak with trader before lodging an online enquiry. You can use the complaint letter template (DOC, 34.5 KB) when writing to a trader.
What to include
Provide as much relevant information as possible so that we can give you the best advice. Here are some information suggestions for you to include in your enquiry. You can also attached copies of any supporting documents.
- Dates - include important dates such as when you bought a product, paid for a service, signed a lease
- Names - include names such as business name or landlord/property agent
- Contact information - provide the most suitable way for us to contact you (email, phone number or post)
- Address - if this is important to your enquiry, make sure you include the correct address
- Registration number - if you have a unique number which relates to your enquiry (for example a licence or registration number) include this in the email if possible
CBOS is currently developing a new online form. Until the new form is completed, your enquiry will come to us as an email.
We will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.