Product information helps people to make choices about what they buy. Information standards set the type and amount of information which is usually found on the product label.
These standards may:
- list what information must be provided
- set the method for the information
- give a meaning to information.
Businesses that sell goods and services in Australia must:
- be aware of standards for goods and services
- act on all safety and information standards.
For a list of safety and information standards visit Product Safety Australia.