How to apply if you are outside of Tasmania
- Prepare your proof of identity documents:
- the easiest way is to prove your identity is to provide your Australian Driver’s Licence. If your driver’s licence does not show your full legal name and current residential address, you will need to supply further documents
- if you cannot provide an Australian Driver’s Licence, see proof of identity
- all documents must be certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations or Notary Public
- Provide a current colour passport size and quality photograph. The photograph must be certified on the back to state it is a true copy of you and be certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations or a Notary Public.
- Complete the online application form and upload your certified identity documents and photograph
- Make payment online by credit card.
The certifier must include their full name, address, title, registration number (if applicable) and the date.
Please note that all documents must be in English, or accompanied by an English translation from an accredited translator. Certification of these documents must also be in English.
Your application won't be processed until you have followed the above steps.