Lodge an application
- complete the Application to wind-up a co-operative providing the reasons why the co-operative is winding-up
- attach a statement from the directors about your co-operative's financial situation including whether it is solvent
- sign and lodge the form:
- by email: email@example.com
- by Post:
Consumer, Building and Occupational Services
PO Box 56
Rosny TAS 7018
After you lodge an application
You will either:
- receive a letter approving the winding-up of the co-operative or
- be advised you are not allowed to wind-up the co-operative or the matter is under investigation.
Once the application is approved, you must arrange the special resolution by special postal ballot according to your co-operative's rules. Notify members of a special resolution to wind-up the co-operative, and appoint a liquidator.
As part of the special postal ballot, you must also prepare a Disclosure Statement for members. Download an Example Disclosure Statement for voluntary wind-up of a co-operative (docx, 26.0 KB).
You must give to each member a notice of the resolution not less than 21 days before the special resolution being passed.
Within 28 days of the special resolution being passed, you must send Consumer Building and Occupational Services the signed form and fee for lodging a special resolution.
After you're co-operative's final meeting, send Consumer, Building and Occupational Services the:
- minutes of the final meeting and
- final accounts.