A new online licensing system is starting for security agents, conveyancers and motor vehicle traders
Apply for and renew your licence
On 1 June 2018, you need to apply for and renew your licence online using a computer, tablet or mobile phone.
Approximately 8 weeks before your licence expires, Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS) will contact you at the email address or mobile phone number we have recorded for you.
It is really important that we have your correct contact details. You can phone our office on 1300 654 499 to check that we have your correct details.
Changes that affect you from 1 June 2018
- Apply for or renew your licence online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you need is an internet service to your computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Pay your fees online by credit card or pay at a Service Tasmania shop
- Receive a paper-based renewal reminder notice until 2020
- Post you a renewal reminder letter that gives you instructions on how to renew your licence
- Order a national police record check for you
- Give you a My Licence account if you already hold a licence
- Contact you by email or SMS message to your mobile phone in future
- Give you access to a self-help guide that shows you how to apply for or renew your licence
- Update our webpages to include checklists and information that you need to give us when you apply for or renew your licence
- Give you information on ‘how’ and ‘where’ you can get help