The Security and Investigations Agents Act 2002 requires all applicants to be fingerprinted.
- The fee for fingerprinting must be paid at the time of lodging the security licence application form.
- Service Tasmania will issue a receipt. Keep your receipt.
- Attend any police station to have your fingerprints taken. Photographic identification must also be presented.
- You MUST take your receipt with you to the police station. If you don't, your fingerprints will not be taken and this could delay the processing of your application.
- Your fingerprints will be sent to Consumer, Building and Occupational Services as part of the application process.
- If you don't live in Tasmania you will need to be fingerprinted and get a National Police and Fingerprint Check from the Police in the State or Territory where you live.
If you live interstate
- Get a certified copy of the National Police and Fingerprint Check from the Police in the State or Territory where you live.
- The report needs to be issued within the last 4 weeks from the date of lodgement of your licence application.
If you live overseas
- Get the equivalent of an Australian Criminal Record from the country where you live.
- The report needs to be issued within 4 weeks from the lodgement date of your application.
- Get a certified copy of your fingerprint check from the Australian Federal Police
You must prove your identity by providing at least on primary document and one or more secondary documents.