An Agent Body Corporate licence is valid for 3 years and requires the following:
- a nominated manager who holds a Tasmanian licence which has the same functions as those the company requires and
- each company manager or director undertaking licensed activities must meet the criteria. This does not mean each director of the company should be a licensed person. However each person listed as a director will be assessed as if they are applying for a licence.
How to apply
- Complete an Application for an Agent - Body Corporate Licence form (pdf, 277.7 KB)
- Lodge at any Service Tasmania shop with:
- proof of identity documents (primary and secondary) - ALL DIRECTORS
- a copy of the last financial statement or a letter from an auditor to say the company is 'a viable concern'
- a full company extract
- National Personal Insolvency Index (bankruptcy statements) - ALL DIRECTORS
See the list of current fees for security agent licences
Licence activities you can apply for
A body corporate can apply for the following activities:
- crowd control
- security general guarding
- security guarding with dog
- security guarding with firearm
- monitoring room operator
- commercial agent
- inquiry agent
How long do I have to wait to get my licence?
- A properly completed application form should take approximately 6 weeks.
- An incomplete application form or one that requires further investigation will take longer and the delay will depend on what information is needed.
- You are unable to work or operate within the security industry without a current licence identification card.
Training and qualifications
- Search for training and qualification requirements which vary depending on the licence activity
Search for a training provider
- Find and compare courses and locations of nationally-accredited training from registered training providers
What you will get
- A plastic photographic licence
- A paper certificate