2021 - 15 Dec 2022Stairways in Residential and Commercial Buildings 12:00am - 12:00am This is an online course available at any time. CPD Points: 2
ArchitectsBuildersBuilding DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
The purpose of this course is to help you meet the minimum NCC safety requirements for stairways.This one-hour course provides guidance and understanding of NCC stairway provisions.
NCC compliant stairways help safe entry and exit from a building. Taking the time to understand how the NCC provisions apply to stairways can save problems later. This course is essential for anyone designing, building and verifying NCC compliant stairways.
This course includes 5 chapters, which:
- Explain important NCC compliance concepts, objectives, Performance Requirements, compliance pathways, and different types of evidence of suitability.
- Explain the interpretation of key terms and clarifies some common misconceptions.
- Outline the main Deemed-To-Satisfy (DTS) requirements for stairway configuration and how to verify on-site measurements.
- Outline the main DTS requirements for barriers, handrails and slip resistance, and covers on-site measurement and evidence of suitability.
- Provide a walk-through of a compliance scenario.
Some prior knowledge, in the practical application of the NCC is assumed.
Cost: $44 for a limited time only - save 20% off the regular course price of $55.