2021 - 01 Dec 2021Onsite Wastewater Management Training Course 30 Nov & 1 Dec 2021 08:30am - 04:30pm This is an 2 day online event with a 3rd practical day TBA CPD Points: 18 ( 6 points per day) 3 day course commencing 30 November 2021
Building SurveyorsEngineersPermit AuthoritiesPlumbers
Presented by : Centre for Environmental Training.
The on-line course covers all aspects of on-site treatment systems and land application methods and land capability (site and soil) assessment for design and management of on-site and decentralised wastewater management systems to comply with current legislation.
The course follows the approach of the Australian Standard AS/NZS1547:2012 On-site Domestic Wastewater Management, and the methodologies presented in current State Government Guidelines and Codes of Practice.
Technical sessions include:
On-site Wastewater Treatment and Soils
* Wastewater Characterisation and Testing
* Septic Systems
* Composting Systems and Greywater Diversion
* Sand Filters, Media Filters and Mound Systems
* Treatment Wetlands and Reed Beds
* Aerated Wastewater Treatment Systems
* Soil Assessment for On-site Wastewater Management
Land Capability Assessment and
Land Application Systems
* Land Capability Assessment; Desktop Study
* Soil Absorption Systems; Trenches and Beds
* Passive Dosing Systems; Siphons and Flouts LPED Systems
* Evapotranspiration Systems; Sizing by Water Balance
* Nutrient Removal and Land Application Systems
* Irrigation Systems: Componentry and Design
* Failing Systems; Auditing and Troubleshooting
Practical Day (date to be confirmed)
* Soils Practical
* Practical Land Capability Assessment
* Design Exercise
Who should attend?
On-site Wastewater Consultants
Wastewater System Designers
Wastewater System Installers
Plumbers and Drainlayers
Environmental Health Officers
Health and Building Surveyors
On-line 30 Nov & 1 Dec and Practical Day (tbc)
Full course fee: $2,250 + GST
On-line 30 Nov & 1 Dec 2021 fee: $1,650 + GST
Practical Day (date tbc) fee: $825 + GST
10% discount for two or more registrations from the same organisation.