16Energy change for commercial buildings : NCC Section J 07:30am - 10:30am Page Seager Lawyers, 2/179 Murray St, Hobart. CPD Points: 6 Region South
ArchitectsBuildersBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by : Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) and the Property Council of Australia
Section J of the 2019 edition of the National Construction Code (NCC) has been significantly re-written and represent substantial changes to the energy efficiency for commercial buildings.
Delegates will hear from, and be able to ask questions of, the ABCB, the NABERS Administrator and the Green Building Council of Australia to gain an understanding of:
- what the new quantified energy Performance Requirement means;
- the new combined window and wall provisions, including how to calculate the thermal performance of the façade using the new façade calculator tool;
- what JV3 practitioners will need to do differently in their energy models;
- trading thermal performance between façade aspects as an alternative to JV3;
- the new comfort requirement;
- how to use NABERS and Green Star to show compliance;
- the new Deemed-to-Satisfy stringency level for roofs, lighting, lifts, swimming pools, HVAC and metering equipment; and
- when the provisions come into effect.
Briefing sessions are free to attend, however registration is required.