2020 - 09 Sep 2021National Construction Code Course on Performance Solutions 12:00am - 11:00pm This is an online event. CPD Points: 3 This is an online event available at any time.
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
Introduction: This course provides guidance and understanding of matters that impact the development and acceptance of Performance Solutions.
This course assumes that participants are building compliance practitioners with an appropriate level of qualification in the area of building certification. As a pre-requisite, practitioners participating in the course should have some prior knowledge, understanding and experience in the practical application of the NCC in their practice.
Performance Solutions are a pathway enabling design practitioners to use innovative approaches to meeting a brief while still complying with the National Construction Code (NCC) Performance Requirements. The 90 minute course will answer questions for practitioners such as:
- How and when should a Performance Solution be used?
- What goes into a performance-based design brief (PBDB)?
- Who is responsible for their preparation?
- How do you assess and verify compliance?
In addition to content addressing these questions, the course will cover the four-step process for creating and documenting Performance Solutions introduced in NCC 2019 Amendment 1, which will come into effect 1 July 2021. It will also provide an overview of how a PBDB should be developed and tailored to a specific project’s needs.
The course consists of two chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Performance Solutions
- Chapter 2: The four-step process for developing a Performance Solution
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine compliance pathways and when a Performance Solution is needed.
- Identify the relevant Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions and Performance Requirements subject to, and affected by, a Performance Solution.
- Understand and apply the four-step process for developing a Performance Solution.
- Understand the relevant language and terms.
- Develop a PBDB.
- Understand different forms of evidence to support a Performance Solution.
Cost : $82.50