2021 - 04 Nov 2022National Construction Code - Evidence of Suitability 12:00am - 12:00am This is an online course and can be undertaken at any time. CPD Points: 3
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
Introduction: This course provides guidance and understanding on how to apply the NCC’s evidence of suitability provisions.
Ensuring compliance with the NCC’s evidence of suitability provisions is an important part of assessing that a building and/or product complies with the NCC.
This 90 minute course will examine the different types of evidence that can be used to demonstrate compliance with the NCC for a range of scenarios.
Topic areas covered include obtaining evidence that is commensurate with the complexity of the project. Practical examples will be given to illustrate how this works, as well as a walk-through of the decision-making process so you can determine level and type of evidence required.
This course assumes that participants are building compliance practitioners with an appropriate level of qualification in the area of building surveying. As a pre-requisite, practitioners participating in the course should have some prior knowledge, understanding and experience in the practical application of the NCC in their practice.
This course consists of three chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to evidence of suitability
- Chapter 2: Life of a building
- Chapter 3: Tools and practical applications
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply evidence of suitability across provisions of the NCC
- Understand appropriate forms of evidence using the suitability framework
- Understand how the evidence of suitability framework can be used to demonstrate compliance for a range of technical scenarios
- Utilise the decision flow chart
Cost : $82.50