2021 - 16 Jun 2022National Construction Code - Fire Safety Course 12:00am - 11:00pm This is an online event. CPD Points: 4 This is an online event available at any time.
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
The development of fire safety regulations of the built environment to minimise the impact of fire is an evolving process. This course provides a holistic overview of the NCC fire safety provisions with a focus on the main critical design related requirements.
This 2 hour course includes 6 chapters which cover:
- An introduction to fire and fire safety including what a fire safety system is; and active and passive fire safety measures.
- Developing compliant fire safety designs including the role of designers; drivers, constraints and compliance pathways in the NCC.
- Key NCC fire terms and concepts for fire safety design.
- Fire safety provisions in Volume Two including explaining Deemed-to-Satisfy (DTS) Provisions to illustrate key fire safety concepts in the Performance Requirements.
- Fire safety provisions in Volume One including developing a holistic fire strategy, the main Performance Requirements and critical design factors across Sections C, D and E.
- Applying a holistic approach to fire safety using the Fire Safety Verification Method (FSVM).
Who should take this course?
This course is primarily for design practitioners including architects, building designers and draftspersons.
This course may also be a good refresher for all professions that use the NCC and work with fire related issues.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Practitioners taking part in the course should have some prior knowledge, understanding and experience in the practical application of the NCC and of local building regulations.
Cost : $88.00