2020 - 17 Dec 2021National Construction Code - Designing in Bushfire Prone Areas 12:00am - 11:00pm This is an online event. CPD Points: 2 This is an online event available at any time.
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
The purpose of the course is to provide guidance on, and understanding of, NCC requirements and associated design principles relevant to the design of buildings in designated bushfire prone areas.
What does this course cover?
This new NCC CPD course is the first in a suite of courses for design practitioners and describes NCC requirements for the design and construction of buildings of buildings within designated bushfire prone areas.
The course covers:
Australia contains some of the most bushfire prone land in the world and concern over loss of life and property led to the development of bushfire provisions in the NCC. This one hour course covers:
- bushfire behaviour
- mechanisms of bushfire attack on buildings
- principles for assessment of the bushfire attack level (BAL)
- general and specific construction requirements
- relevant NCC Performance Solutions and Deemed-to-Satisfy Solutions
- an overview of AS 3959:2018, and
- wider considerations for design in bushfire prone areas.
The course has been prepared for design practitioners including architects, building designers and other specialist practitioners.
The course may also serve as general introduction for other building practitioners including engineers, project managers responsible for coordination of design and stakeholders participating in the design of buildings in designated bushfire prone areas.
As a pre-requisite, practitioners taking part in the course should have some prior knowledge, understanding and experience in the practical application of the NCC in their field.
The course consists of four chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to designing buildings in bushfire prone areas
- Chapter 2: Performance Solutions and Bushfire Verification Methods
- Chapter 3: Deemed-To Satisfy Solutions for bushfire prone areas
- Chapter 4: Wider considerations for design in bushfire prone areas
Cost : $50 + GST.