2021 - 11 Oct 2023National Construction Code Course - Fundamentals for Engineers 12:00am - 11:00pm This is an online event. CPD Points: 2 This is an online event available at any time.
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
Introduction: This one-hour course provides guidance and understanding of key NCC concepts that are fundamental for engineers in applying the NCC.
This course includes 5 chapters, which:
- Explain how the NCC is given legal effect; its role providing technical standards; impact on engineers and non-NCC project requirements.
- Describe the NCC compliance framework, Assessment Methods and interpretation rules.
- Examine how referenced documents are used in the NCC and the evidence of suitability required to demonstrate engineering compliance.
- Look at how buildings are classified, whether they are united, and how that affects engineering designs.
- Brings together the NCC fundamentals with key building and site-specific characteristics relevant to engineering design.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify important building characteristics, and site and climate characteristics that affect engineering design for NCC compliance.
- Understand how to interpret and comply with the NCC.
- Distinguish different forms of documentation as evidence of suitability and the applicable NCC volume(s).
- Determine which referenced document to use.
- Explain how the NCC is given legal effect and the relationship between the NCC and jurisdictional building and plumbing regulation.
Assumed knowledge - Some prior knowledge in the practical application of the NCC is assumed.
Cost : $44.00