2021 - 04 Nov 2022National Construction Code - Performance Solutions 12:00am - 12:00am This is an online course and can be undertaken at any time. CPD Points: 3
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
Introduction: This course provides guidance and understanding of matters that impact the development and acceptance of Performance Solutions.
Performance Solutions are a pathway enabling design practitioners to use innovative approaches to meeting a brief while still complying with the National Construction Code (NCC) Performance Requirements. The 90 minute course will answer questions for practitioners such as:
- How and when should a Performance Solution be used?
- What goes into a performance-based design brief (PBDB)?
- Who is responsible for their preparation?
- How do you assess and verify compliance?
In addition to content addressing these questions, the course will cover the four-step process for creating and documenting Performance Solutions introduced in NCC 2019 Amendment 1, which will come into effect 1 July 2021. It will also provide an overview of how a PBDB should be developed and tailored to a specific project’s needs.
This course assumes that participants are building compliance practitioners and with an appropriate level of qualification in the area of building certification. As a pre-requisite, practitioners participating in the course should have some prior knowledge, understanding and experience in the practical application of the NCC Volumes in their practice.
The course consists of two chapters:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Performance Solutions
- Chapter 2: The four-step process for developing a Performance Solution
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine compliance pathways and when a Performance Solution is needed.
- Identify the relevant Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions and Performance Requirements subject to, and affected by, a Performance Solution.
- Understand and apply the four-step process for developing a Performance Solution.
- Understand the relevant language and terms.
- Develop a PBDB.
- Understand different forms of evidence to support a Performance Solution
Cost : $82.50