2020Master Builders Tasmania Flinders Island Training Day 08:00am - 04:30pm Flinders Island Golf Course, 33 Esplanade, Whitemark. CPD Points: 7 Region North
Presented by Master Builders Tasmania.
MBT Contracts and eDocs System Training TIME 8am – 12pm
We will be covering the below topics:
* The new eDocs system
* Update of the new Domestic Building Contract (DB4)
* Cost Plus Building Contract (CP4) – When to use, how it works and the pitfalls
* Minor Works Quotation/Contract (MW2) – When and how to use
* Forms for Use with Residential Building Contracts
* Commercial Building Contracts – What can I use if I am undertaking a commercial project?
Condensation TIME 12.30pm – 2.30pm
The course will review the current requirements for building correctly to minimise the risk of condensation occurring referring to the National Construction Code, Building Act, Building Energy Efficiency, and Industry Guidelines.
Attendees will update their understanding of how to correctly build in accordance with the NCC provisions for condensation and energy efficiency.
* The importance of ventilation to control condensation
* Permeable vs. breather wraps
* How to correctly install Sarking
* How to correctly install wall insulation – brick veneers / cladded buildings /ventilated battens
* How to correctly install underfloor insulation
* Building sealing
* Dampers to exhaust fans / sealing of recessed light fittings
Customer Disputes/Conflict Resolution TIME 2.30pm – 4.30pm
The course will review the current requirements for dealing with disputes under State legislation, how to communicate effective with clients and how to ensure contracts are documented and administered correctly.
Review the relevant provisions of State Legislation and more broadly why disputes occur, how to avoid them and how to resolve disputes if they occur.
* Understand the provisions of Residential Building Work and Dispute Resolution Act 2016 & Security of Payments Act 2009
* Conflict management styles
* The conflict cycles
* Resolving conflict
* Communication styles
Cost : MBT Member $150.00 - Eligible Non-Member - $220.00 (Not a member of Master Builders Tasmania but is eligible for TBCITB funding).
If you wish to only attend one session please contact Pyper on firstname.lastname@example.org or 6424 4144