2022HIA Industry Forum Burnie 08:30am - 03:30pm Burnie Central Townhouse, 139 Wilson Street, Burnie. CPD Points: 5 Region North West
ArchitectsBuildersBuilding DesignersBuilding Services DesignersBuilding SurveyorsEngineers
Presented by: HIA
Changes to the National Construction Code 2022 Are you prepared?
The forum will cover a range of topics such as:
- New liveable housing design features
- Complete re-structuring of the code and re-ordering of Volume Two
- Introduction of a new Housing Provisions Standard
- Internal and external waterproofing changes including changes to waterproofing of showers requirements and treatment of falls for floor wastes
- Fire safety and cladding changes
- Lead in plumbing products changes which will affect a high volume of plumbing fittings and fixtures
- Revised masonry, slabs, glazing, steel framing and windows fixing and flashings provisions
- Performance Solution changes
- Updates to a high number of referenced Australian Standards and much more
Energy efficiency and condensation management provisions are still being finalised but some initial considerations for these will also be discussed.
Other key topics/speakers include:
Upcoming Building Regulatory Reforms - Home warranty insurance and building tribunal.
Melissa Adler, HIA’s Executive Director Industrial Relations and Legal Services - Find out more about what these significant changes mean for you and your business.
Understanding residential building contracts and your legal obligations - The session will also cover covercurrent challenges with delays and cost increases with commentary in cost plus rise and fall clauses and extension of time claims.
Consumer, Building and Occupational Services - The CBOS team will discuss phase one of the PlanBuild portal and how to access information to assist with information on planning zones and codes, how to generate property reports and much more.
Cost: HIA Members - $85.00 : Non Members - $125.00