30Fire Compartmentation & Lightweight Construction in Multi Storey Building and Timber Frame Inspections 08:15am - 04:30pm Grand Chancellor Hotel, 29 Cameron Street, Launceston CPD Points: 6 Region North 3 CPD points each session.
ArchitectsBuilding DesignersBuilding Surveyors
Presented by : Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
Facilitators : Brett Bolden & Ari Akritidis
Part 1 Fire Safety Inspections - Lightweight Construction and Protection of Service Penetrations
- Building legislation and regulations regarding inspections (purpose and intent of inspections, what requires inspection, sample of absolute, skills and competency of inspectors, common pitfalls etc.)
- Lightweight wall systems, fire rated plasterboard, substrates, details, junctions, charring beams, fixings, sealants etc.
- Openings in fire rated wall and floor systems (doors, windows and service penetrations), method of protection, testing methods, details, common pitfalls, what to look for etc.
A workshop example for a proposed development showing architectural, structural and services review for inspection will be delivered.
Part 2 Timber Frame Inspections
The second part of the training will review inspection, assessment and certification of timber members under construction including:
- Acceptable construction manual AS1684 including limitations, bracing, tie-downs, bushfire attack levels, timber specifications and fitness for purpose.
- Truss standards
- AS 1720.5 - design
- AS 4446 - manufacture
- AS 4440 - installation
- Wind loading for housing - AS 405
Cost : Member - $300.00 : Non Member $450.00 : AIBS Student Member $225.00 (All prces inclusive of GST)