2021 - 20 Apr 2021Estimate and Cost Work 08:00am - 04:30pm Rydges, 393 Argyle Street, North Hobart CPD Points: 12 Region South Two sessions 19 & 20 April 2021
Presented by : Master Plumbers Tasmania
Master Plumbers Tasmania, in conjunction with the Master Plumbers’ Association of QLD (RTO Code 30473), are pleased to be able to provide the following essential training to the Tasmanian plumbing industry.
This is an accredited two day course and is one of the units required to achieve a Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services.
This course covers current relevant legislation and content relating to estimating and costing work, in addition to offering classroom based learning. Specifically, it covers the outcomes required to estimate materials, labour and time requirements and the requirements to establish costs for the provision of services and or products. It covers the gaining of information, the estimation of materials and time, the calculation of costs and the associated documentation.
Assessments for this course are conducted in both a practical and theoretical setting.
Prerequisites: Completion of a Certificate III in Plumbing or Certificate III in Gas Fitting
Unique Student Identifier: Student must also possess a valid USI.
This course is delivered over 16 hours (generally 2 consecutive 8-hour days) face to face in a classroom setting.
This course requires a theoretical assignment to be completed externally and submitted to your trainer within two (2) weeks of completing your face to face component.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify sources and gather information relevant to estimating and costing plumbing services
- Calculate materials, labour and time requirements to complete plumbing work using information sourced from work site or provided drawings and specifications, including the use of proprietary estimating software
- Identify safety requirements relevant to plumbing work, its effect on work methods and cost of completing work
- Cost plumbing projects taking into account materials, labour, overhead costs, contingencies and required mark-up percentages
- Develop documentation relating to estimating, costing and presentation of tenders/quotation to client
Course Recognition: On successful completion of this course learners will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Cost: $250 per participant (payable prior to attendance and non refundable).
Please note that this course is heavily subsidised by our industry partner Keystone Tasmania.