2021Master Builders Tamania King Island Forum Day 1 08:00am - 04:30pm King Island Club 8 Netherby Road Currie King Island CPD Points: 8 Region North West Note - this is a full day forum total of 8 CPD points for the day.
Presented by: Master Builders Tasmania
NCC 2022 Updates – what is changing?
New editions of the NCC are due for release in May 2022. We will review the proposed changes and their impact on a builder’s day to day activities.
- NCC BCA Volume 1 proposed changes
- NCC BCA Volume 2 proposed changes
- Energy efficiency provisions
- Condensation provisions
- Accessibility provisions
- New clause numbering system
Are you getting the most out of eDocs?
An update on the MBT eDocs platform, what’s changed and how to get the most out of the system.
- Other forms for use with Residential Building Contracts
- Variation to Contract
- Extension of Time
- Notice of practical Completion
- Defects Register
- Limitations of what documents can be attached to a contract within eDocs
MBT Contracts Administration
This session will review the common errors and mistakes made by Builders when running a build that may lead to disputes with the client and non-payment of claims.
- Correctly completing
- Extensions of Time
- Variations to Contract
- Practical Completion
- How to deal with changes/variations during a build and how to ensure the approved plans are amended with your Building Surveyor
- How to work with your clients and the Building Surveyor when the client is doing work for a build
An overview of how to build correctly to minimise the risk of condensation occurring referring to the proposed NCC BCA 2022, Building Act, Building Energy Efficiency, and Industry Guidelines.
- Knowing the correct product to use
- Vapour permeable wraps
- Understanding the importance of ventilation
- Proposed requirements for exhaust fans, rangehoods, bathroom combination units
- MBT Member $100.00 (A member of Master Builders Tasmania. This includes your employees.)
- Non-Member $175.00 (Not a member of Master Builders Tasmania but is eligible for TBCITB funding.)
Registration closes 8 November 2021.