08After Lacrosse: Consulting Agreements v Retainer Agreements v Terms of Engagement, Contract Management 08:30am - 04:30pm Rydges Hobart 393 Argyle Street Hobart. CPD Points: 6 Region South There is a strictly limited capacity available for this event - Register to secure your place now.
Presented by : Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
The professional development seminar covers the following topics:
- Setting the scene: statutory responsibilities and oversight and its impact on contracts, client relationships and risk management.
- Contract law basics - what makes a contract and when are contracts enforceable?
- Best practice in contract negotiations and documentation
- Contract management - the ink is dry, now what?
- intellectual property - what is it, who owns it an how does it affect my business?
- Security of payment legislation and how it affects contract management and cash flow
- Managing breaches and termination.
Case studies will be used through the seminar and Q&A opportunities will be included to ensure that attendees obtain maximum benefit. Further, attendees will get a 'first look' at the template agreements prepared for use by AIBS members along with information as how to they can be used in their practice.
Cost: AIBS Member $350.00, Non Member $ 525.00, AIBS Student Member $262.00 (All prices inclusive of GST)