Presented by : Global Sustainable Energy Solutions
Study Method: Online, self-paced
Duration: 2 hours
CPD Points: 2
Who can attend: Builders, Building Services Designers Electricians and Plumbers.
Overview: The online Solar Awareness for Tradespeople course is a simple and comprehensive introduction to grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) systems that is aimed at educating those with little to no solar experience on how to work safely on sites with a solar power system. The course is also a guide for industry and other parties to have a good understanding of components that were installed under previous standards and guidelines (that are not compliant with current standards).
At the end of this training course, participants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- How solar PV systems work and how to be safe working where system is present
- Operation of solar modules and inverters and how to be safe when working near them
- Introduction and history of protection devices (according to changes in Australian Standards)
- How to properly follow a shutdown procedure to safely isolate the PV system before conducting works
- Different types of cables historically used within PV systems and safety procedures when working with solar cables
- Introduction and history of signage (according to changes in Australian Standards)
- Introduction and best practices for working safely around batteries
- How to properly follow a shutdown procedure to safely isolate PV systems with batteries.
Cost : $295.00
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.