Training Provider : University of Tasmania - University College
The Diploma of Construction Management is for people who work in building or civil construction and want to take the next step in their career. Students in this course will build from their technical work experience, and develop skills required for roles like Site Supervisor, Contract Administrator, Project Management Associate and Estimating Associate.
- ZAX101 Workplace Relations and Communication
- ZAX103 Legislation and Standards in Construction
- ZAX105 Workplace Project (WHS focus)
- ZAX102 Cost Planning
- ZAX104 Construction Contracts
- ZAX106 Construction Project Management
- And a choice of two elective units from: ZAA140 Lean Lean Thinking in Practice ZAA133 Business Finance ZAA137 Quality Management ZAA150 Procurement Processes and Strategies
Developed in consultation with industry, the Diploma in Construction Management will prepare graduates to:
- manage small teams
- communicate clearly across the range of people who work in building and construction
- understand and comply with legislation and codes
- manage project costs - understand contract requirements
- take a proactive approach to workplace health and safety.
This is a 2 year part-time course - 4 units each year.
CPD Points - Maximum of 8 per ear.
Cost : $4609.00 per year
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building and Construction Indutry Training Board (TBCITB) for eligible building practioners and their employees. Contact the TBCITB for details tbcitb.com.au
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.