For the licensing of Building Services Providers, the Occupational Licensing Act 2005 calls up the Scheme for the Accreditation of Building Practitioners (pdf, 483.2 KB). The requirements for licensing of building services providers in Tasmania are outlined in the scheme.
This Scheme is currently under review.
Included in the Scheme is an explanation of
- each category and class of licence;
- the qualifications, experience and competence required to achieve a licence for each category and class of licence;
- the code of conduct and complaints process;
- the audit process for licensed building services providers;
- continuing professional development;
- personal probity.
Building Services Providers should be familiar with the Scheme.